This is a variation of the crockpot turkey roast recipe I posted last month. If you like cajun/creole flavoring try this one out.
- 1 Boneless Turkey Breast Roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed and minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic from a jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon italian herb mix (or equivalent oregano, basil, etc. mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Thaw turkey breast and remove/discard gravy packet. Place turkey roast in crockpot on low heat. Add water and sprinkle salt and black pepper over roast.
Saute onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic over medium high heat until soft and moisture evaporates. Add italian spices, parsley and cayenne pepper and mix well. Place mixture over turkey breast in crockpot. Add Tabasco and cover.
Cook in crockpot for seven and a half hours. Remove netting from turkey roast and slice. Serve over steamed rice.