This is a new family favorite. I bought a 3 lb. boneless turkey roast with just white meat that was pre-seasoned with herbs. I decided to try cooking it in the crock pot since we’re a busy family with no one to watch or baste a turkey in the oven. This came out delicious! I’m trying a 3 lb. boneless turkey roast with white and dark meat now. This one wasn’t seasoned and here is the recipe I used below.
- 3 lb. Boneless Turkey Roast (white meat or white/dark meat)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
Thaw the turkey roast in the refrigerator. You really only need it partially thawed in order to remove the gravy packet from the bottom. Pour 1/2 cup of water into crock pot. Plug it in and set to medium heat. Cook time is seven and one half hours. After the roast is cooked, slice it in the crock pot and cover on low heat. Serve with rice, gravy and a salad or green vegetable.
Roast serves four.